1) Whatever your goals are, we will discuss them and create a Lesson/Coaching Plan to help you achieve them.
2) My main focus is Teaching Drummers how to Groove.
3) The key to success is finding a harmonious balance between your emotional energy and the drumming techniques needed to express yourself. “Loosen your grip to strengthen your Sound and Groove!”
4) You will become more attuned to your inner pulse and the spaces between the notes, thus enabling you to control your own “Rhythmic Flow” or “Pocket” and have more Confidence and FUN when you Drum!
5) One on One Sessions get recorded for later Groove Analysis. Learning to Listen to and Critique your own Drumming is an Essential Skill for improvement!
6) Reading and Rudiments will be covered based on your goals and needs.
All Ages and Levels of Experience are Welcome.
“I have been playing (really “trying” to play) drums for many years. I luckily met Rich
after seeing a note he posted on a restaurant wall in Manhattan.
Aside from being one of the nicest people I have ever met, Rich is also a
great and patient teacher. He has really opened up new paths
and avenues for me. During each and every lesson – there have been numerous –
I learn something new that enhances my technical ability and enhances
my joy for playing drums.”
“I would absolutely recommend you get Rich on board as your coach! Rich brings a tremendous amount of enthusiasm, passion and inspiration to his teaching. His cheerful approach has made every session extremely fun and often humorous. Rich has done an excellent job of helping me enhance my sound and smooth out my groove by emphasizing how important attitude and mind set is.
His newly built out studio has amazing ambiance – and the audio and video recordings he has made of our sessions have been incredibly helpful in my growth.
Definitely awesome to work with.”